Introduced by Carlotta, one of Australia’s leading transgender personalities.
Melbourne man AJ Kearns describes himself as just an ordinary father living in the suburbs with his two children. But there are many who would disagree.
Born into a conservative Pentecostal family in Sydney, AJ spent the first 35 years of his life as a woman.
As a teenager Vicki-Anne thought she was gay and attended controversial church-based conversion therapy in the hope of becoming heterosexual.
After years of struggle AJ realised that he was a man and went on to create a family with his partner Zu White.
But he then took the surprising step of postponing his physical transition to become pregnant.
Psychiatrist Dr Fintan Harte says it’s the first time in over 30 years of practice that he’s encountered a ‘trans-identified male’ who has conceived a child.
‘From Daddy’s Tummy’ tells the story of AJ and his family and showcases a stunning photographic record of his physical transition from female to male by Melbourne artist Alison Bennett.
- New Resource List for Queensland
- ‘Gender Help For Parents’ signs LGBTI Groups Joint Statement on the Plebiscite
- Laurie’s Story
- New Book Release: ‘The Transgender Teen’
- Article: ‘Explainer-what treatment do young children receive for gender dysphoria and is it irreversible?’
- New South Australian Practitioner list
- Navigating the Stage 2 Process – A Legal Toolkit for Parents of Transgender Children
- RCH News: New clinical pathway for trans and gender diverse children
- Changing Medicare/Centrelink personal details
- Revised Monash Health Gender Clinic Consumer Pack